Vacations are a staple in everyone’s lives. At least, they should be! I mean, when do we get the chance to travel around the country or overseas? Experience new things, new cultures, and new activities? Get to see beautiful sceneries and landscapes? Everything while we forget our stressful routines and work!
But, even during such peaceful and stress-free times, looking good is still a priority! Well… For most of us, at least! This is why for fashion fans, it might be necessary to prepare for the occasion and start looking for some clothes, and there’s no better place to do that, than here!
Dresses and Their Types
In this particular case, we will focus on one specific essential that a lot of girls deem absolutely mandatory: Dresses. There are different types of dresses, as showcased over here, each one specialized for different occasions, and depending on the thickness of the fabric, some of them might even be useful for some seasons. Generally speaking, we can find:
- Blazer dresses are very intimidating and business-like option.
- Cocktail dresses are a combination of a formal and casual dress, great for a lot of situations
- Gowns are one category with many options and specifications, making it a very versatile yet unique form of dress. This one is usually used for formal and special occasions.
- Sundresses are the most casual type of dress on this list.
In this article, we will take an approach having the idea of a vacation in mind, the main reason why we will focus on sundresses as the most versatile yet useful choice for this particular occasion. So let’s talk about it a little more!
Why Sundresses are Great for Vacationing
Vacationing often involves a lot of things, but one thing that we are all certainly sure about is the fact that you will be moving a lot. Sightseeing, tourism, going to a beach, visiting different restaurants, going around a festival, or just trying some of the local activities you can do… Most things involve moving around!
Thus, you want something that is comfortable and reliable, and when we talk about dresses, the sundress is the one choice that satisfies all needs you might encounter during a vacation.
They are called sundresses for a reason! They are comfortable, breezy, and will pretty much make every challenge you might encounter very easy to handle. That being said, if you are visiting a cold country, you might definitely want another choice since the sundress is particularly bad for cold weather, but on the other hand, it is the best choice for hot and warm climates. And thankfully, when it comes to cute dresses for vacation, you can find online stores with a wide range of choices and designs!
Prepare Some Accessories as Well!
When you think about fashions, you don’t only think about clothes, but accessories. An accessory can enhance the aesthetics of any piece of clothing and can make you look substantially better, as long as you do things right.
But this is easier said than done since choosing accessories is a science of its own, but we can provide some advice in case you are having trouble with it, especially if we are talking about sundresses!
A sundress is often perceived as a casual piece of clothing, and although you can definitely find some fancy designs out there, most of the time you will be wearing something that looks comfy and summery, and you have to adapt your accessories considering this.
This is why you don’t want to wear accessories that are too fancy or shiny, but things that are more informal and easy-going, as covered in this article. The same can be said for the footwear as well!
We can recommend, for example:
- For footwear, you can go for sandals to add a lot more comfort and mobility to your outfit. If you want to look a bit fancier at the cost of mobility and comfort, you can go for wedge heels as well
- For jewelry, we recommend going for wooden or braided accessories. Bracelets and necklaces with summer or tribal are some good options!
- Earrings can be casual, or fancy, depending on your dress. If you pick a white dress, fancy earrings might look better, but if you pick a dress with flower patterns or one with a more vivid color, going for black or colorful earrings is also an option
- A hat can greatly enhance the summer vibe of your outfit, but the type of hat you should go for depends entirely on the type of dress you pick. You might want to do some research on the different types of hats you can pick to have a solid idea of which ones are better for you! In some cases, even a baseball cap can do the work!
Online Shopping for a Dress
Usually, when it comes to sundresses, you want to make sure that the dress is comfortable. This is frequently impossible to do if you are buying your dress online, but you have alternatives.
The first one is to pay attention to the comments of previous buyers to get to know their experiences and see if the dress of your choice is actually a good one. On the same note, you should definitely pay attention to the type of fabric that was used.
Cotton and silk tend to be the most comfortable and breathable options for warm and hot climates, and they tend to be incredibly weightless, adding even more points to the comfort. Of course, you might encounter other types of fabrics as well, and if you are not sure about them, you can always do some research to learn more about them and decide whether they are viable choices or not.
One piece of advice we can provide when buying online is to always pay attention to the provider’s reviews. Thanks to the internet, this is very easy to do, especially if the store has some renown. This will give you valuable information before you even decide to spend money, making it easier for you to pick trustworthy stores and boutiques!